Re: [LUG] Fedora 2 Shutdown Problem

On Thursday 22 July 2004 11:06, Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
Hi Neil, thanks I should have stayed with RH9, you may recall you helped me
set that up.  However My fstab:
bex.whitburn:/home      /mnt/bex                nfs     user,noauto     0 0
pedro.whitburn:/home/peter      /mnt/pedro      nfs     user,noauto     0 0

I have rw as I use it for backup.  I try unmounting before shutdown.

So you are writing the backup TO one of these machines? Why? Run the backup
from the machine with the backup media writer, like a CDRW, and let that
machine read the data from the others.

[peter@xxxxx peter]$ umount /mnt/pedro
umount: /mnt/pedro: device is busy
umount: /mnt/pedro: device is busy

Something is currently using that drive. Make sure you don't have:
1. a terminal window that has an active working directory on or below that
mount point. This includes symlinks.
2. A Konqueror window open that once had a view of that mountpoint, even a few
hours old.
3. Any other process that is reading a file from anywhere beneath that mount
point.
4. If you are using SSH to use a shell on another machine, make sure that
BEFORE you call SSH, the original terminal does not have either of these
mount points as working directory.

--

Neil Williams