Re: [LUG] Sony Lagdog, etc

On 2004.07.16 19:38 Andrew Shelley wrote:
Hi,
I've just installed suse 9.0 on a sony vaio pcg-grx5sp. All is fine
except for
the inbuilt modem. Under yast hardware, the modem is reported as:

sony 8280 ica/cam ac97 modem controller

and there seems to be a module which I can load:

slamrm.o

Does anyone know how to proceed from here, ie do I have to link
/dev/modem to
something ?

On a different point, I'm trying to mount a win2k ntfs partion, but I
can only
mount it read only. Is this a limitation of this type of filesystem,
or is
there any way around this ?
Cheers,
Andy.