[LUG] Laptop fails to load X

Hi All,

I've reinstalled MDK9.1 on the offending laptop, and again it is still
offending.  The install went perfectly as before right up to where I
rebooted and it refuses to load X.  I've had to copy the errors out by
hand because there is no XFree86.0.log again :(

Using authority file /home/jules/.Xauthority
Writing authority file /home/jules/.Xauthority
Using authority file /home/jules/.Xauthority
Writing authority file /home/jules/.Xauthority

execve failed for /etc/X11/X (errno 13)
giving up.
xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X
server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error

That lot looks a tad terminal to my newbie eyes.  Any suggestions
welcome (that don't involve sacrificial virgins or goats - the goats I
can find <LOL>).

Kind regards,

Julian