Re: [LUG] Adding new email users

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 05:29:30PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
| What about adduser --shell /bin/false ?
That sets the password how Kai?

Hmmmm

I assumed libpam-pwgen would do it, but it just generates some to type
in. Painful. That's inappropriate for generating in this case?

useradd takes the encrypted password these days - easy enough to
generate, there is a perl script which does it using suitably random
salts. Encrypted Unix password are dead easy, but you have to know what
to expect, especially now when they may well be MD5 or old style, which
is all a bewildering confusion for those getting started.

URL? So what does this do? Dumps auto-generated passwords for a teacher
to hand out?

When I have some time I'll try one time passwords(OTP) for accessing my
machine via SSH.  Can't trust internet cafe's for keyloggers.