Re: [LUG] Adding new email users

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:44:41 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
Exim and Procmail.... Hmm I like Postfix, but I don't think the MTA will
make much difference, it is the easy bit.

Yes. Postfix is nice, but after SASL relaying broke in the 2.0 or
whatever I lost respect for the program.

150 users - /etc/passwd and a false shell as Kai says unless they have
authentication details on another system!? If you want to script
useradd, google as there are Perl snippets around to generate the
encrypted passwords for you (with a suitably random salt etc) which is
usually where it falls down.

What about adduser --shell /bin/false ?

If you want a GUI, Skolelinux has a web one for all administration
duties.