Re: [LUG] 64-bit Linux remote boot

Quoting Andrew Rogers:

I need to compile a 64-bit Linux kernel using a compiler on a 32-bit
machine. The 64-bit machine will be remote boot and has no drives hence
I can't use a 64-bit installation.

Can anyone suggest a good source of info on compiling 64-bit kernels?

I'd suggest that compiling the kernel itself should be fairly straight forward
once you've set up a cross compiler on your 32 bit machine for builing 64 bit
binaries.

This looks like a reasonable start (although having never done it I can't vouch
for it's sanity):
http://linux.bytesex.org/cross-compiler.html

Alex.