Re: [LUG] Fedora

I don't recall the email, but but I thought LBA stands for Logical Block Addressing and refers to the method used with SCSI and IDE disk drives to translate the cylinder, head, and sector specifications of the drive into addresses that can be used by an enhanced BIOS. LBA is normally used with drives that are larger than 528 MB.

I can't think what that has to do with duel booting and boot access

Carl

Peter L-J wrote:
Mike said He had troubles with duel booting fedora and Linux, but to
change the boot access to LBA?

I am obviously looking in the wrong place, ie boot sequence in BIOS and
can not find anything about LBA.

I will probably have another drink and install XP on my games machine
(mega fast) in anycase, but what is this LBA stuff?

Peter