[LUG] powering up funny ....

This is a copy of a mailshot I submitted to the comp.os.linux.setup newsgroup some weeks ago and got no replies - wonder if anyone here can help please ....

I have just loaded SUSE 9.0 on my server box - replacing the 6 distro
multiboot system I had been using to evaluate the major LINUX offerings (one
of which was in fact SUSE 9.0).

There were no problems whatsoever with starting/closing this multiboot system.

SUSE appears to run and behave as expected and shuts down as it should.

However, when next reloading the system, the BIOS gets as far as checking
NVRAM and freezes. It can only be cleared by disconnecting the power lead
for a few seconds.

I know BIOS is not specifically related to the OS, but it seems likely to me
that the OS is affecting the reload as everything was fine before. Very
strange.

I have made no hardware changes at all - nothing has even been disconnected and reconnected.

Has anyone else experienced this??  Any thoughts???

Cheers

David

Lynx friendly