[LUG] MDK 10 (maybe all 2.6 kernels) and Multicard readers

Hi All,

You may remember I asked some time ago about using my Sitecom Multicard
reader in Linux, and as always you were all very helpful.  I thought it high
time to return the favour.  The crux of the issue is enabling "Probe
Multiple LUNs on all SCSI devices" in the kernel.  This is all set-up for
you in 2.6 (at least in MDK10 it is).

So all I had to do was drop into a console, and type:

modprobe sd_mod

Rebooted and when I popped a Smartmedia card AND a Microdrive in the slots,
lo and behold two removable HD icons popped up on the desktop.  It is *true*
removable as well, not pop them in and boot.  I had the Microdrive in before
I booted, but I popped the Smartmedia card in when the system was running.
So it all works :)

Nice to know you don't have to update the kernel (which as I still count
myself to be a relative newbie I was not looking forward to at all! :))

Now as soon as I figure out how to get the USB print server on my new Origo
BR1400 router to play in Linux, Windows can kis.. errr... can go away :)

Cheers,

Julian
---