Re: [LUG] Password-less SSH logins

Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

On Monday 31 May 2004 08:14, Kai Hendry wrote:

http://db.cs.helsinki.fi/~hendry/faqwiz/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq01.013.htp

Thanks, Kai, I must admit I had forgotten about your excellent FAQ! :-)

I've created an RSA key with a passphrase, ssh-agent is running, I successfully gave ssh-add my passphrase, I successfully used ssh-copy-id to copy my public key into ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on my server. And yet I'm still prompted for a password! :-(

Here's the only relevant bits I could spot in /etc/sshd_config:

RSAAuthentication yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
AuthorizedKeysFile      .ssh/authorized_keys

Any ideas?

Have you tried ssh -v?