Re: [LUG] Password-less SSH logins

On Monday 31 May 2004 11:38, Peter Walker wrote:
Have you tried ssh -v?

Erm, not quite sure what it all means, but this seems to be the relevant bit:

debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Offering public key: /home/jon/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Offering public key: /home/jon/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Trying private key: /home/jon/.ssh/identity
debug1: Trying private key: /home/jon/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: password

At which point, obviously, it asks me for a password.  So it has sent my RSA
key and my DSA key and both have failed?  Even though both keys are in both
authorized_keys and authorized_keys2... :-(

Is this likely to be an sshd config problem?  Is it worth posting my config
file?  I've read through and can't see anything that would obviously stop me
from using public key authentication.

Cheers,

Jon