Re: [LUG] plymouth uni, dish (OT)

Cool thanks

Paul

Hi

A bit off topic but as there are people here from Plymouth, they may be able to shed light on this one.

While passing through Plymouth I noticed a large dish, with ESA printed on it, i just wondered if anyone knew what it was, it obviously got something to do with the European space agency, but what, I am just curious. It's too big to be a satalite dish, i think, it was floor mounted.

Paul

Being in the Satellite research group I should know shouldn't I. I don't think the ESA means European space agency in this case. I while ago we used this dish to receive weather satellites. Now I think it's used by the University TV broadcast team.

I'll find out more.

Regards
Andrew