Re: [LUG] Fedora

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 07:43, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi Peter

Being a relative newbie I would suggest going a Debian route. A bigger
learning curve but.... I am sure you have heard of dependancy hell!
Well I go with the route that many Linux folks want to go, i.e. one way
of installing a package. Red Hat, Mandrake, Suse tend to use their own
installers. I am not sure whether this is good for the community and so
I say go with what has to be the best and easiest way to install
software! That is apt-get.

One of the things going for Fedora is that it is apt-get (or you if you
prefer) based. The default sorces.list only does the stock fedora rpms
but there are plenty of other repositores out there

Paul M

--
   "There are no innocent bystanders
what were they doing there in the first place?"