Re: [LUG] Thin clients

Brough, Tom wrote:

I believe Citrix sits on top of a "normal" windows
installation so Im not quite sure where the "thin" bit comes in

Or on top of a GNU/Linux installation, but it isn't free software.

My experience is Windows thin client is nowhere near as good as good old
X, but it is livable (more livable than managing Windows desktops) with
good network hardware, if you don't want much in the way of graphics.

Sounds like a good opportunity to move to GNU/Linux going to waste - if
you rebuilding networks and servers get all that email and surfin stuff
off MS Windows and onto something more robust. I mean XP SP2 may be a
step in the right direction but just look at the pain it takes MS to
change direction. The longer people stay locked in the more expensive
wil be the change when it comes, just look how long it took SWW to lose
their mainframe.