RE: [LUG] Thin clients

I'm not interested in getting an existing thin client and installing Linux
over
the top, this has to be a commercial affair from the word go - does anybody

know of such a product?

I presume you have perused the following site [State Side :-(  ]

http://disklessworkstations.com/

Alternatively (if you where looking for thin thin client) and you had spoken
a week ago I could have rescued 30 odd PII 266's dusted them off, got myself
a prom burner, set myself up as Tom Brough Recycled Thin Clients Ltd and
Shiped them to you for oh let say £200 a piece. Well Maybe not ! Hey I could
have used the cash to fund my Philippine School Project Oh hum another
missed opportunity.

Problem is there is LTSP thin client and there is MS Terminal Server and of
course good old citrix. I believe Citrix sits on top of a "normal" windows
installation so Im not quite sure where the "thin" bit comes in, at the
other end of the scale linux LTSP only assumes you have a network card with
boot rom (or PXE). Everything goes through the network card, no hard disk
images to roll out .... nothing ...... but still you will find someone who
will insist the TOC is higher than using a certain pain of glass.

Tom.

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council