Re: [LUG] Computer shops and Linux

On Sunday 09 May 2004 17:53, Andrew Rogers wrote:

These I summarised:

1) Posters and cards with URL to various Linux and newbie sites and the
DCLUG.

2) A list on the DCLUG of useful URLs.

3) A list of Linux friendly shops on the DCLUG.

4) Donate some distros to the shop. Paul may already have some distros
that were otherwise going to charity.

Has anyone taken a look at SuSE's latest LiveCD? They're generally quite happy
to give boxes of 'em out and it would cost us absoultely nothing.
Pre-packaged, just stick a LUG sticker on them and they're ready to go.

I know ideally people would like to provide Knoppix, but if we can get SuSE
for free...

6) Posters, displayed in shops, of LUG events.

I think that might be asking too much. Maybe you could get some of the more
entheuisatic shops to do this, but I think most would take some convincing
just to give out CDs.

Wasn't there some talk of a meeting before the BBQ? Even if it's just a pub
meeting it would be a good opportunity to talk through this stuff.

David.

--
David Johnson
http://www.david-web.co.uk/