Re: [LUG] ePatents.

Yep count me in on this one

Thanks Rick

Neil Williams wrote:

At the April Expo, there was a chance to talk to representatives of FFII - Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure about ePatents.

I've been concerned about these for a while and I've had a ePatent info page on codehelp and on DCLUG. The patent page on DCLUG is now formally linked from the home page and has had a brief update.

If you are at all unsure about epatents, please read some of those pages before attending the meeting.

Rick and I were talking to James Heald of FFII and he is willing to make a presentation to DCLUG and other interested parties in our area if we can simply organise who, when and where.

Now this is a great chance to get the latest info, to find out how and who to contact, effective ways to proceed and finish our discussions on ePatents:
http://www.dclug.org.uk/archive/2003/07/msg00027.html
http://www.dclug.org.uk/archive/2003/07/msg00120.html

So, please, a show of hands first.

Then ideas about who else from outside DCLUG might be persuaded to come along (don't volunteer someone unless you know you can invite them) - perhaps an MP or MEP or two?

Then where and when.