[LUG] enabling javaplugin in mozilla

Hi all

I could do with a small pointer on this one. I am trying to install and enable the java plugin for Mozilla. Initially I ran the auto intall plugin from netscape, which failed on permissions, and I'm not going to try it as root.

So I read the docs from Sun and Installed the jre 1.3 rpm. additionally i followed the instructions (admittedly writtten for netscape) and created a symlink in $HOME/.mozilla/plugins to point to the appropriate library.

Still no joy, I have googled and searched mozilla.org but this has produced no clues, which leads me to the conclusion I am missing something really simple

Any ideas ??

Tx Rick