Re: [LUG] Dumb question about Asterisk

On Monday 26 April 2004 14:36, John Daragon wrote:
Does anyone out there use Asterisk (the Open Source VoIP/PBX) ?

I've got ISDN2e, and I've been using a Netgear ISDN router for several
years. I tried replacing it with an Avaya CyberGear Gold a couple of years
back but didn't like the reliability much, although Avaya had the right
idea - VoIP, IP routing over ISDN, voicemail &c &c all in the one box.

I've got several Linux boxes sculling around at the moment, together with
assorted telephony hardware, so the idea of implementing Asterisk is
appealing. What I'd like to know, though, before I spend days playing with
it, is this :  will it coexist happily with ipppd ?  I.e. will it back off
happily so that a routed packet will cause a fairly seamless ISDN call to
my ISP ?

jd

Best place to ask this would be on the asterisk users mailing list.
I use Asterisk with 2 normal pstn lines and have no problems allowing other
devices to use the pstn line. I'd imagine there'd be no problem with isdn.

Jon