Re: [LUG] LUG help please

David Pithouse wrote:

I use Mozilla myself and have no problems. I would think that the problem is either more based with your machine and/or internet connection. Thunderbird from Mozilla is another mail client you might want to try.

I use Thunderbird as well. I'm not sure what Trevor means by auto-archive but it does the rest. I have had no problems with it and I've found its spam filtering pretty good although I ought to do this on the server.

Brownen wrote:

I have tried mozilla and its derivatives main problem is it hangs,
fails  on reply to and spell checking that sometimes works.

Thunderbird doesn't give you multiple reply options. If there is a Reply-to it will use it otherwise it goes to the From address.

Kmail seem not to be able to handle multi mail accounts.

Look under Settings->Configure KMail. Click on Network and select the Receiving tab. You can add as many accounts as you want.

ximian does not appear to to do a lot at all.

If you mean Evolution, I always thought it did too much!

Pete

Many thanks Trevor