Re: DNS for dclug.org.uk Re: [LUG] mail oddness

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Simon Waters wrote:

You might think you are a DNS slave, but did anyone tell a-squared or
the registrar?

I'll class the traffic on this list as offical notification that it's
banana that termisoc are running as a secondary to us then :)

In which case, I've updated the zone/bind config/domain registration
accordingly.

The zone on that server (banana) must have been close to expiring I'd have
thought as it wasn't being allowed to transfer the zone anyway.

I've also now removed both backup MXs from the zone until they're working
again.

I guess someone should change the esra.termisoc.org NS entry to be
banana, and tell the registrar so the delegation can be fixed. I do hope
the SOA contact record for the domain is right or I'll be bugging some
nice helpful person at a-squared.

Yes, the SOA is still right - I should just check my mail more sometimes
;)

Alex.