Re: [LUG] mail oddness

Simon Waters <Simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

James Keasley wrote:

 list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
   host io.tertial.org [212.67.198.131]: 550 relay not permitted

Actually, as I began to suspect when I checked my mail queue and found that
there were other replies stuck in there as well, the problem was at my end.

No it wasn't.

[snip proof]

Trust me on this, I'm not a doctor ;)

Ah, well, thats great, I had a problem at my end, which prevented me
from sending *any* email replies, which I have now sorted, but it managed
to highlight an unrelated problem with the backup MX, what are the chances
of that? ;)

On the subject of the unrelated problem I had, does anyone have any idea
why isdnutils, or diald, caused me to be unable to send any replies, but
allowed me to send new mails? It seems a bit of a weird software
interaction, but after those packages were removed everything worked.

--
James                                           jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories...(Steven Wright)