Re: [LUG] thinclients

I've used XWin32 but not as yet tried to get XWindows running on Cygwin.  I'd
be interested in seeing the latter.

I use VNC.

I'm interested in rdesktop in order to run Linux desktops, of moderate
thickness, with sessions from a Windows Terminal Server box for legacy
applications which demand Win32.

I see an advantage of this as being that the Windows server can be isolated
from the Internet - Windows is no longer safe to allow a direct connection,
if it ever was, in any organisation that regards its IT as importnat.

Clearly one progressively moves functionality from teh Windows box to teh
Linux server, while the users remain blissfully undistrubed by detailed
knowledge of where the processing is going on.

--
Adrian Midgley                   (Linux desktop)
GP, Exeter