Re: [LUG] "Grip" command-line equivalent?

On Sunday 07 March 2004 15:09, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
I used to backup my CDs using "Grip", which:

Does anybody know of a command-line tool that provides similar
functionality?  Preferably one that can run in "batch mode" in the
background?

I'm not sure if it does every thing you want but i have been using abcde to
backup cd's. It has quite a few options and i think it is just a shell script
that wraps other ripper/encoders in an easy to use package. It is partially
interactive however with the FreeDB look ups, especially if you are backing
up multiple artist CDs or if there are multiple matches in the CDDB database,
it asks questions.

It may be worth a look.

Robin