[LUG] "Grip" command-line equivalent?

I used to backup my CDs using "Grip", which:

* Looks up disc info on FreeDB
* Inserts all disc information into a MySQL database
* Rips the CDs to the hard disk in WAV format (using cdparanoia), setting the file names according to disc info
* Encodes them into Ogg files (using oggencode), naming accordingly and adding metadata

I then used a little script I had written to turn all of the WAV files into FLAC files (which magically compresses them to about half their original size without losing any data).

Life was good. I encoded about half my CD collection. But then I made the brash decision to turn my desktop PC into a headless network server, so that I can leave it in the hallway and download and serve files 24/7. I haven't really found many drawbacks to this approach - apart from not being able to use Grip any longer :-(

Yes, I know I could run an X server on it and access it over the network, but it seems a rather overblown solution to a program that really only ties together several command-line programs anyway.

Does anybody know of a command-line tool that provides similar functionality? Preferably one that can run in "batch mode" in the background?

Cheers,

Jon