Re: [LUG] Easiest way to backup dual-layer DVDs?

I've also got a DVD burner but to date it has been a disaster! In theory
modified versions of cdrecord support DVD burners just like CD burners and
you just fire approprate images at cdrecord. I'm convinced i have a media
problem, i bought a cake of 50 DVD-R but i think the  DVD writer does not
like them. Its a project for next week at work!

(don't mean to put you off!)

As for the video are the different sections/chapters of the DVD normaly in
different physical files on the disk anyway and the dvd player attempts to
seamlessly play them togher (you sometimes get a glitch at change over) so
you may be able to just rip the vob files and then just burn them back as 2
video dvds otherwise you will need to to a complete rip but there should be
no need to run the files through a compressor. But you may as well remove
macrovision at the same time, i have a situation where I would have routed by
DVD player through the scart in my video to save me buying a switch box but i
can't because macrovision stops me!.

Robin