Re: [LUG] wb: shared whiteboard

On Tue 17 Feb 2004 12:15 am, Grant Sewell wrote:
Next question is graphics tablets - the Graphire is known to work, but
I noticed a tablet at £30 in PC World, and I wondered if their
own-brand one is known to be workable with Linux?

All I'll say is:

Own-brand PCWorld laptops are terrible - with or without Linux. The
hardware stinks, the laptop itself is unstable (anything that can crash
Debian stable minimal install must be dodgy).

£30? probably junk. At least if it doesn't work you won't have wasted
£900.

I think this is probably going to be an 'artists graphics tablet', you
know, those things with a stylus that use the mouse or USB interface.  I
don't think it's a laptop.  If it is a laptop then I'm getting one :D

I've got a graphics tablet that I don't use, see
http://www.nisis.com/Products/GraphicTablets/G3.asp
I haven't tried using it in Linux. Doesn't look like it'll work though, it
requires Windows.

Some graphics tablets are known to work with Linux.
see http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Wacom-Tablet-HOWTO

PCWorld own brand, Just Say No.