Re: [LUG] many

On Sunday 08 Feb 2004 1:47 pm, frank black wrote:

* Anyone got any experience of making PC's quiet? Can't afford an iBook
unfortunately.

Try www.quietpc.com/uk or, failing that, use the off button!
Seriously, I have this problem but haven't got the money to sort it out.
Airflow is the main issue so replacing fans is good, also there are acoustic
materials that can go inside the case. Basic kits can be bought from
www.pcworld.co.uk for around £60 but you could pay a lot more for really good
stuff. The ibook reference suggests laptops and I'm not sure there's a lot
you can do for them.

Peter.