Re: [LUG] Laptop woes cont'd

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 03:26:56PM -0500, TrevorASansom@xxxxxxx wrote:
Now for a query, I did some DVD ripping from Windows XP and saved files to a

acidrip is what I use for ripping under debian.

vfat directory. I can only acces these files from Linux as root and cannot

setup your /etc/fstab properly users option for mount or something like
that. (man mount)

change permissions. Copied them to new partition, as root, and changed
permissions and can access these files, why?

You can access them? Great, that means you must of set the correct
permissions. (man chmod)