Re: [LUG] telnet xp to linux

From: Simon Gilpin <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] telnet xp to linux
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:18:36 +0000

On Friday 23 January 2004 6:22 pm, Francesco Scaglioni wrote:
Hi,

My office is moving over from multi-session telnet terminals into
a unix server to thin-clients running on xp pro.

I used to use one of the sessions to telnet into a SuSE 8.2
laptop, purely for the purpose of running emacs in text mode

I have been successfully using a windows utility called "puTTY" for some time
now, this allows you to set up raw, telnet, rlogin and ssh sessions to
machines of your choice.

Try http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Hope this is of use.

Works like a charm -- thanks very much