Re: [LUG]: Help Please - I/O errors

On Saturday 24 January 2004 6:58 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
On Saturday 24 Jan 2004 2:17 pm, David Bell wrote:
I have just carried out a first scan using BitDefender AV.  The log below
includes an <I/O errors> entry.  What does it mean?

Usually happens when a file is changed during access.

Thanks Neil,

I browsed around their site and couldn't find anything to help either.  I'll
see what happens next time that I do a scan.

I have it installed on my SuSE v9.0 box which is set up for SMTP/POP3, and
carried out an update, after install, before the first scan. It seemed to
work well - or did it!  Their FAQ sheet included in the download is very
helpful towards using the programme, but doesn't include anything on error
messages or the like.

However (OT), On the dark side of the planet I've lost absolute faith in
Windows type AV programmes after Macafee discovered 2 nasties Trojan.exe
(SennaSpy 2001) and Worm.exe(NewAOL)) which AVG failed to detect on two PCs.

Regards
David Bell
Hatherleigh, Devon