Re: [LUG] Is there something wrong with the mailgroup server ?

Brough, Tom wrote:

I could be getting reverse paranoia ....

Is it just me, or have other people been "loosing" posts from this group.

Not obviously - sometimes I get weird backlogs of mail delivered - which
I have put down to Exim.

Exim has a very aggressive back-off strategy if it detects a mail server
as not available. And Demon are quite good at not being available at
times, alhough better since their long promised hardware upgrade.

(The MTA on the lists server is Exim).

I am signed up to this group via two different e-mail addresses and I seem to
be getting more posts on my private address than I am getting on this one.

And do you think it more likely the nice people at pi-squared
discriminate against the email address at Torbay.gov.uk, or that it is
something to do with the Torbay council servers?

Any suggestions ?

Put a Postfix server infront of Exchange for added performance and
security. Ralf Hildebrandt has even done a detailed howto I believe for
this configuration. Of course why people pay for a mail server so
effective it needs a free helping hand....

But then I did a sendmail install recently, so I'm not one to point fingers.