Re: [LUG] RE: NVIDIA driver installation after kernel update

On Thursday 08 Jan 2004 4:46 pm, Keith Abraham wrote:
OOPS
Ignore my previous mail. The screensaver just kicked in
and the 3D now longer functions.
I think I'll forget Nvidia and get a graphics card from
another manufacturer that doesn't involve so much
hassle under Linux.

Any suggestions (cheap)?

What do you want the card to do - I'm using an nVidia GeForce 32MB (actually
it's probably an on-board version) but then I never use 3D. It's never caused
problems with any Linux distro - as far back as Mandrake 7.2 but it did
(strangely) always give me distortion errors on SUSE (never quite sure if
that was the card or the TFT panel). If you only want basic functions, you
might not have to abandon nvidia.

--

Neil Williams