Re: [LUG] refused connections

Neil Stone wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
> | When would a typical server refuse a connection request?
>
> Network or CPU load methinks....

Maybe, more likely the service was down, or you spoke to the wrong box
(which is the same thing really).

The only thing I use regularly that refuses connections based on load
deliberately is sendmail, and I think it tends to do it within the SMTP
protocol rather than by just not listening, although I tend to see the
log messages not the temporary errors.

You can configure other services to do this if they are launched via xinetd.

Mr Williams what is the issue, you just handle it the same, but it
should at least come back promptly?