Re: [LUG] Scottish libraries lending OpenOffice Cds - Funding

On this subject I agree it must have cost quite a bit, however in Paignton
library I found what could be a solution - Devon community foundation,
www.devoncf.com.  I picked up an A4 leaflet on this.

these give grants between £250 and £7000 for projects in one of the
following 4 catagories.

Aspirations and experiences - helping children missing out on experiences
others might take for granted

Economic disadvantage

isolation and access

childrens voices - giving children a voice

I am sure that this would fit in to either the first or second project
catagory, as open office is free and written for people who speak many
different languages, etc, then it would reach out to all members of the
community, and all languages and religions ( I guess).

The grants are for community and voluntary groups (well we are all
volunteers the the lug) in terms of commity we provide a service to the
linux users out there and in this case would be using our knowlege of
computers etc to service the community and help give every one access to
software.

Does this help in any way?

Paul