Re: [LUG] Win/Linux sharing filesystems

On Sunday 14 December 2003 19:36, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am going to install a 120GB HD as a "media" drive on my system that i
> want accessable (read/write) from Linux (MDK9.2-2.4.22) and WinXP.

Due to some bordom at work last week i did some research. The FAT32 cluster
size will be OK at 120GB the only issue is that windows (not sure if this is
<=2000 or all) cannot (will not) format a fat32 partition over 30GB or  but
FAT 32 can access Terabytes, and on the MS page they state that if "another"
operating system formats fat32 to >30GB windows can read it!

so problem solved!
(the bigger problem will be solved by issuing "rm /mnt/windows/ -r --force")

Robin