[LUG] Win/Linux sharing filesystems

Hi Everyone,

I am going to install a 120GB HD as a "media" drive on my system that i want accessable (read/write) from Linux (MDK9.2-2.4.22) and WinXP.

Clearly at 120GB fat32 is inapproprate, isn't it very wasteful due to the 32bit addressing structure it uses and i would prefer something more robust.

We have EXT2/3 but does anybody know of idealy free, read/write ext2/3 drivers for NT/XP? I have found the paragon stuff but that is commercial although only $30, and many other free read only drivers.

We also have NTFS4/5, how dangerous is linux write support really? what if i ask linux to format it as a NTFS4 partition instead of a 5 surely 4 is better implemented than 5.

Any sugestions and comments very welcome indeed!

Thanks

Robin