Re: [LUG] Hurd - was IBM draws first blood in SCO Linux battle

Jon Lawrence wrote:

Anyone considered the GNU/Hurd option?

I'm seriously considering having a play with Hurd if I can get my hands
on another PC. I believe that the Hurd kernel (Mach kernel, Hurd
servers) could become a serious competitor to the Linux kernel with few
more years of development. The GNU programs will remain the same, at
least from a user perspective it would be near identical to GNU/Linux.
Porting programs from Linux to Hurd would be just a recompile.

Should I discuss Hurd on this list? Are there any local Hurd user groups?

If anyone has used Hurd I would like to hear about their experiences.

I've not tried it yet. but I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point. As a side issue, can any on get the the gnu site atm (www.gnu.org)

I can't at 20:48