[LUG] Obituary

"Ace" an unsung hero of the Devon and Cornwall Linux user group passed
away this evening.

He played his part by assisting in many a distro review, by helping with
all those presentations at the University, and in the end he puffed his
last puff installing Blackdown J2RE 1.4.

He quietly suffered the indignities of having to maintain a Windows 98
partition, for ensuring GNU Chess compiled under Cygwin.

In true LUG tradition, if ACER (or anyone) can't recondition him, we'll
cannibalise him for useful parts.

2 x 128 soDIMM's probably being the most useful, and I believe a 3GB
laptop drive. Other useful ideas welcome - I think the socket for the
power supply connector shorted, so probably not a lot wrong
electronically, just that distinctive smell that accompanied dead
electronics.

He won't be going to a better place, much like humans he'll probably be
buried in the ground, except he won't rot as quickly.

Guess what is top of my Christmas list :(

Now which vendors actively support Linux on Laptops?