Re: [LUG] PHP

I'll start again. If I run a basic PHP file that has the line in it:-

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

from user rich's home directory it doesn't recognise it but if I go to
localhost/.... and run the line it comes up with PHPinfo!

ok... I think I understand now...

the php code its self has to be pre processed by the web server... this means that if you look a tthe php code without a web server "jigging it about" you won't get the correct code.

When you use http://whatever/someplace.php the file IS parsed through the webserver and in turn through the php parser.

Bit like telling a black and white TV that the image it has is a shaded green with a bit of blue....

HTH

Neil