[LUG] Linux USB Print Server

Just a quick question

I have direct access to RH v7.2 Linux currently.

I need to set up an HP 1500 Laserjet on a network. This printer comes with
a USB connection only. A USB Jetdirect Print Server costs in the region of
£150 (if you can find one in stock).

If I can find an old PC with a USB port, will I be able to easily/quickly
setup a Samba print service connected via the USB port? ie. Does RH7.2
support USB? (I can do the Samba/Printer bit I just haven't looked into
USB support before).

If not, anyone got any recommendations?

I must admit, I haven't googled yet so there may even be a distro
specifically setup for this.....

TIA

Mart