Re: [LUG] Exchange rates

Roland Tarver wrote:

>> I'd note the distinction between "can" and "allowed", since I'd be a
>> bit miffed if someone cross referred my site.
>>

> I found this site which seems to be good.
>
> http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/currency-exchange.php

The financial world calls it's sources of data, "data feeds".

A quick Google on "data feed free exchange rates" threw up this on the
first link, and several others.

http://cloanto.com/currencyserver/rates.html

Of course the question remains whose exchange rates, and why, as the
market price may be different from the retail price.

I can't believe any money changer is going to be stingy with their
retail price list, although you might have to guarantee to keep it
reasonably upto date.

Your next goal is to see how you should get this information into the
ever handy "units" program ;)