Re: [LUG] Another Debian Desktop

Kai Hendry wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 09:01:58PM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
>
>>It was my intent to run Debian stable, as unstable is too much grief for
>>a work Desktop (hey what is happening with Python by the way, I assume
>

> I have taken the stance that unstable is fine for the desktop. :)

This month Konqueror is no longer running Java apps AFAICT, although not
a good time to try and sort such issues out.

It doesn't open the Java console window. Kaffe is installed and working,
so either Konqueror broke, or I broke something in the settings.

I really don't need that kind of hassle at work, it was bad enough
having to boot into Windows 98 on my laptop to access the Digichat board
I was visiting at home.

>>Does everyone use the "bunk" copy of OpenOffice (what an unfortunate
>>surname for this context).
>

> bunk? I don't understand this term.

It is one of the people doing debian packages for Open Office. You have
one of the many dictionary tools installed right?

> I think Debian packages of Openoffice 1.1 are absolutely fantastic.

I just discovered openoffice.debian.net, and they start in testing.

Beginning to wonder if anyone uses "stable" as a Desktop.