Re: [LUG] Why html (was: Why no html)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:56:14 +0100
Mike Tidball <miketidball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Mike,

> I'll make sure I look through the archives and see how others have
> achieved a similar thing with plain text.
> Mike Tidball

Use of * / and _ around text historically implies bold, italics, and
underlined text.  Some mail packages will even do the emboldening, etc.
based on those chars.  However, most of the packages that have that
behaviour seem to be on the Amiga.  It's something I miss, a bit, but
can live without, since I can do it in my head.

--
 Regards   _
          / )        "The blindingly obvious is