Re: [LUG] Why html (was: Why no html)

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 21:29, Brad Rogers wrote:

> > I'll make sure I look through the archives and see how others have
> > achieved a similar thing with plain text.
> > Mike Tidball
>
> Use of * / and _ around text historically implies bold, italics, and
> underlined text.  Some mail packages will even do the emboldening, etc.
> based on those chars.  However, most of the packages that have that
> behaviour seem to be on the Amiga.  It's something I miss, a bit, but
> can live without, since I can do it in my head.

Nah, Emacs does it fine, but then again emacs does everything
even stuff that, strictly speaking, no sane person actually needs it to
do (coffee.el anyone?)

;)

--
James
jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

"... sometimes I even sing." "I know, we got a petition." "For or
against?" "Based on the sound, they think we're torturing you in here."
G'Kar and Mr. Garibaldi B5