Re: [LUG] broken pinentry-qt

On Sunday 19 Oct 2003 7:51 pm, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've somehow broken pinentry-qt so kmails gpg stuff is pretty useless for
> outgoing and encrypted now.
>
> i have confirmed it is pinetry-qt that is problematic. If i start
> interactevly and request a "get pin" command i get a segmentation fault. If
> i am root i DO NOT get a segmentation fault and the pin entry qt window
> appears?

libtool problem? Could it be that the libraries installed for pinentry have
been moved? ldconfig?

> I have rebuild pinentry-qt from source but this has not helped. I think it

pin-entry relies on a whole list of other libraries and the build options
aren't easy to remember:
http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html

cd libgcrypt && ./configure && make && make check && su -c "make install"
cd libksba && ./configure && make && make check && su -c "make install"
cd newpg && ./configure && make && make check && su -c "make install"
cd gpgme  && ./configure --without-gpgsm && make && make check && su -c "make
install"
cd cryptplug && ./configure && make && su -c "make install"
cd pinentry && ./configure --disable-pinentry-gtk --disable-pinentry-curses
--disable-fallback-curses && make && su -c "make install"

Anyone of those could be a problem.

Your best bet is to join me on the gnupg-users mailing list -
 - there is an archive but you have to know which month to look at!

Also, on the gpa-dev list, there's some help on pinentry: the qt version does
seem to have problems (threads include after a qt32 upgrade) and switching to
pinentry-gtk has helped.
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gpa-dev/2003-September/001471.html
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gpa-dev/2003-September/001479.html

Switching to pinentry-gtk would involve re-enabling it in the pinentry
./configure command line (?disable pinentry-qt?) and enabling gtk in the
gpg-agent conf file.

--

Neil Williams