Re: [LUG] truetype fonts in gimp-1.2.3

On Monday 20 October 2003 09:43, pvossler wrote:
> Thank Robin it worked!
>
> I can now see the particular font I wan to use listed in the font selection
> panel,
>
> Unfortunately I've run into another seemingly insoluble issue. The font is
> a two byte font. I gather two byte fonts are used for Asian and similar
> complex characters and do not work correctly in the gimp.
>
> Any suggestions?

I don't think gimp is 16 bit font aware

Can you split out a partial character sets of 255 characters from the
potential 0xFFFF characters that there are (sorry i think in hex).

there are a whole bunch of font editors at http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/
utilities_fonts_unix.html.

maybe one of those editors or convertors will assist you.

or does open office allow you to access the require characters, if so produce
what text you want and do a screen grab (very messy but a soultion if you are
desperate)

Regards

Robin