Re: [LUG] truetype fonts in gimp-1.2.3

On Friday 17 October 2003 11:30, pvossler wrote:
> Can anyone confirm whether truetype fonts available to X applications via
> "xfs" should automatically be available to the Gimp?
>
> I've installed a new truetype font and can use it in Openoffice but it's
> unavailable in the Gimp where I need it!

How did you install the fonts. I have just installed all my windows fonts by
copying all the files from (in mycase) /mnt/windows/WINNT/Fonts/* to /usr/
X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/

then you need to do a:-

mkfontscale /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF
mkfontdir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF

check that /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF is in your config file for xfs
and restart xfs.

openoffice can detect fonts without the correct fonts.dir fonts.scale stuff
but gimp needs the proper truetype indexing stuff.

(It worked for me anyway)

Hope this helps

Robin