Re: [LUG] truetype fonts in gimp-1.2.3

Thank Robin it worked!

I can now see the particular font I wan to use listed in the font selection
panel,

Unfortunately I've run into another seemingly insoluble issue. The font is a
two byte font. I gather two byte fonts are used for Asian and similar complex
characters and do not work correctly in the gimp.

Any suggestions?

On Sunday 19 Oct 2003 11:55 pm, Robin Cornelius wrote:

> On Friday 17 October 2003 11:30, pvossler wrote:
> > Can anyone confirm whether truetype fonts available to X applications via
> > "xfs" should automatically be available to the Gimp?
> >
> > I've installed a new truetype font and can use it in Openoffice but it's
> > unavailable in the Gimp where I need it!
>
> How did you install the fonts. I have just installed all my windows fonts
> by copying all the files from (in mycase) /mnt/windows/WINNT/Fonts/* to
> /usr/ X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/
>
> then you need to do a:-
>
> mkfontscale /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF
> mkfontdir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF
>
> check that /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF is in your config file for xfs
> and restart xfs.
>
> openoffice can detect fonts without the correct fonts.dir fonts.scale stuff
> but gimp needs the proper truetype indexing stuff.
>
> (It worked for me anyway)
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Robin

Phil Vossler				Tel: 01392 264100