Re: [LUG] 2.6 kernel

Had a few spare hours a couple of weeks ago and tried compiling test-7.
Short answer - it locked solid shortly into bootup.  I have not had time
since to investigate further. I had a few problems with the new module
handling system and ended up having to manually reinstall insmod etc. This
was probably something to do with my own stupidity - fingers on keyboard,
brain in neutral.  What made it all the more exciting was when I found
that my old kernel, not being able to load modules, was unable to see the
cdrom!   So I resolved that if I ever get back to playing with it again, I
will do it using a Slackware partition I have on my HD rather than my -
now working again - SuSE installation.

Tony

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 23:08, lee quick wrote:
> Done an abortive attempt at a precompiled suse test kernel and it booted
> but had a few issues with sound and various modules, tho it did boot
> twice as fast as my tweaked 2.4 offering.
> Now got the latest source from the kernel.org going to try to compile me
> own home brewed 2.6 jobbie
> Anyone on the list played with the new kernel yet?
> If so know of any potential problems...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lee
>
> P.S If i dont post for a few days will probably because i completely
> bork my system :)
>

> --

404 Future not Found